Re: Center Consoles/Custom Enclosures

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 22:26:14 EST

In a message dated 3/21/00 9:57:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> I may decide to custom build a center console for my Dak after the buckets
> seats are in place. First off, what kind of construction materials do most
> people use? I am assuming plywood, but what thickness. Also, where can I
> find/locate some good 'interior' fabric to cover the wood up with and make
> it look factory, preferably close to my interior color. How would I fasten
> the fabric to the wood, simple staple gun?? I guess alot of the materials
> will be very similar to those who have built custom speaker enclosures and
> other items. Thanks,
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Well that's just an overall pain in the ass... Personally I'd find a car
stereo shop (I jsut know most carry it) and get some Chrysler color match
vinyl... and some carpet, mix the two bottom part carpet adn top part vinyl,
it'll look sweet...

as for material, 1/2" minimum for console, adn 3/4" minimum for the sub box
area...

Greg