Re: Mopar muscle article (attn:Mark Pryer)

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 01:00:35 EST

>>actually this is for the premag the whole thing was in response to a
person
asking what to do to add HP to his 4x4. But are you trying to say it
won't
work still? The guy I believe had an 88. If it won't work what can I
use?<<

check this out:
I was cam shoppin' for years untill I finally broke down and talked to a
dude who put 3.9L premags in hot rods. I asked him what the best things
to do for them were, and he said that 1) you can't put a cam in fuel
injected one... you get a check engine light if you go much more than
stock. If the computer can handle it, then it won't give you the HP gain
for the money. You can barely feel it. 2) things like V8 tb's and headers
really do a lot! 3) the ignition is really these engine's week point.
replace the ignition with an MSD or something like that and you'll see
improvement right away!
This dude pretty much told me what I needed to do to get this truck good
and strong. When it was running well, I would run with any magnum 6er....
I'd get schooled in the top end, but I'd get him up untill about 60.
You're just gonna have to do a few things like headers, tb work, some
intake work, and a healthy exhaust system to get good power out of a
premag. 200hp is very do-able!

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.