Had to tow my Dak...Doh!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 15:11:55 EST

What a day yesterday...my truck died in the Wachovia (bank) parking lot in
Garner yesterday afternoon...turned the key and NOTHING; no lights on dash,
no click, no cranking...NOTHING. Great. Completely out of the blue. It
wouldn't even jump-start and I tried a jump from a big Ferd diesel pickup for
about a half hour. The bank manager kept coming out and offering to call a
tow truck, I just think he wanted my redneck pickup out of his parking lot
cause I was parked RIGHT at the entrance! So I had to have it towed to
Merchants...turned out my 3-yr old Mopar battery blew (at least the
alternator and starter was still good)....

so anyways as long as I was gonna hafta replace the battery I told them I
wanted an Optima in there. "we don't sell those" was the reply. So I spent
about an hour calling every supplier in the book and nobody had them. FINALLY
one parts place told me to call Interstate Batteries (in Garner) and they not
only had them, but the guy said they were Merchants battery supplier! Geez!

So I now have the Red Top in there, and was suprised to see its only about
half the size of my previous battery. Hope it has enough juice to cover
everything. I was debating between the yellow and red-top, but since I won't
have a winch for at least the near future I opted for Red.
So far all seems good.

Since I was waiting anyways I also had the brakes done, althought the guy
said they looked good still (even after 95,000 miles on them!)

Truck runs now, but now my stereo doesn't work. Musta blown an internal fuse
or something cause the external fuse and connections are fine and hot. And
now I noticed my interior lights don't work. Maybe something in the fuse box?
Doh!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's, etc...