Re:RE: Re: RE: Re: LSD diff conversion, need advice on

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 15:29:24 EST

Couple of things, ripping off the cover at least one time you can clean out any
metal shavings that may be in there from break-in rather than have them grind
away. More importantly, inspecting at least once, you can verify that the gears
were setup correctly (the ring gear should show some sign of wear hopefully
right in the middle of the teeth) and there aren't any broken teeth or obvious
problemo's. These kinds of problems can be fixed easily without complete
rebuild and will contribute to long rear-end life. Once inspected and cleaned
out once though, I agree you probably would never need to do it again.
My $.02
Tom