Re: Open to LSD diff conversion, need advice on fluids!!

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 15:32:20 EST

Oh knock it off, no reason to get your fur all up, we're all friends here!
:-)

You can surely understand why the "party line" would be "Use the modifier,
no matter what oil you use." It's just simple CYA on their part, they have
no clue what crap you are going to put in, and they aren't in the business
of researching which oils have friction modifiers in them already. They
would be happier if you just used MOPAR oil and went away. The problem is
that you play a "minimum specifications" game, where the oil meets their
MINIMUM spec. Frankly, I want something that performs a bit better than
that. Mobil1 and Redline datasheets specifically state they friction
modifiers in them.

-Curt