Re: Time to change the fluids...

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 01:36:48 EST

I think Valvoline (where I work at) is a very decent place to get your
transmissino fluid changed. Runs 69.99 and we completely flush out the
system. 22 quarts of ATF+3 (which is that special mopar tranny fluid
compatible)

As far as t-case and front and rear diffs. "they ARE recommended at 15k
miles, but most of the time, I find the t-case and front diff to be a waste
of money because unless you use 4 wheel drive all the time... there's no
need to change it. When the guys at Valvoline ask if you want your t-case or
front differential changed, ask for them to wipe the fluid on a piece of
paper. Usually pink is the color the t-case fluid (ATF+3 and sometimes
DEX/MERC 3) the front diff and rear diff should be light in color. if you
smear it on your hand and can't see "thru" it... it's time for a change..
-Dester

PS. EACH case. (front diff, t-case, and rear diff) is 19.99 a piece. we do
specials and see what they do if you do the whole package..

<<
 I was thinking of getting the differential and transfer case fluids
 changed at the same time. Needed, or should I wait longer? And is
 Valvoline Instant Oil Change (where I get my oil done) a decent place to
 have it done, or should I go to the dealer (ugh...inconvenient)?

 Also thinking about switching to the Valvoline full synthetic; I'm
 running the 50/50 blend right now. How long should my oil change
 interval be with the synthetic?

 --
 -andy