Re: Universal Joints - Advice

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 02:04:20 EST

You mean CV Joints? It's extremely easy. slip it in the splines and you're
set.

If you havet to take the CV boots off (cracked or torn) there's a boot kit
for it that comes with a packet of grease. break off the seals, take the
boots out. clean it out. apply the new grease. push it back into position
(check for free play) and put new "clamps" on the ends. reinstall into the
hubs and front diff.
-Dester

<< Any words of advice on putting in new universal joints? Which one is going
 out for example.. I havn't had a four wheeled vehicle in about 5 years, so
 my mechanical skills on these things are a bit rusty....

 Robb McElroy
 San Francisco, CA
 robbmc@pacbell.net

 '90 Dodge Dakota 4X4 V6