Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: LSD diff conversion, need advice on fluids!! Fluid pump trick!!

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 07:38:24 EST

Pull the cover and find a few teeth missing, you may or may not have
prevented anything. As I stated in my last post, I now have an axle where I
can't remove the innards becuase the spider gears wore themselves into the
crosspin. Air hammers and 250lbs of pissed off Jon couldn't budge it. You
should always, IMO, remove the diff covers (goes for everything else similar
as well) to check their status. Perhaps "preventive maintence" was a poor
choice of words, I thought in the context used people would understand the
point I was conveying.

Jon Smith

<SNIP>
> What are you preventing exactly??