Re: Dak on Wrecker Duty (Towing Info)

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 08:46:58 EST

Thanks for the tip Ed. I've always heard this before but it confuses me when
it comes to my Kota... On a lot of full-time 4wd rigs you cannot disengage the
system, however, on our Kota's we do have the shifter control on the floor that
has a neutral or T-Case disconnect setting. Even so, the owners manual still
says NOT to tow a 4x4 unless you use a flat-bed or dollies under the non-lifted
wheels. Do you know why that is even if everything is "disconnected"?
Thanks!
Tom
(Confused in Boston)