Re: Re: Bucket Seats Are In!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 19:17:10 EST

> Congrats on the new seats. I'm only dreaming about it at this stage, but
> it's reassuring to know that it can be done without too much headache.
>
> Chuck Robbins
> '99 Sport v6 5spd 2wd RC
> http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm
>
> > Ohhhh, such comfort. It took me a whole 2-3 minutes to take the bench
seat
> > out(only 4 bolts and 2 nuts) and about another 10 to swap in and bolt
down
> > the bucket seats. I had to go to the hardware store to buy some
> 'speednuts',
> > and they worked great for the front seat rail mounts. Now I have to
decide
> > what I want to do with the center console, put one in, make my own, but
> > bass tube in there, leave it open....oh well I can think about that when
> > am driving comfortably down the highway.....thanks to all who helped me
> out.

Chuck,
It was very easy. Just be sure to get the hardware in advance, if you
can....otherwise just do the swap in the hardware store's parking lot. The
bolts and nuts are metric on mine, so be careful. I still do have to locate
2 'threaded studs' which are needed for the inner seat rail mounts, one for
the passenger's seat and one for the driver's seat.. There are holes in the
floorboards with nuts welded on ther underneath side of them, just have to
find a place which carries the metric bolts for them. The parts dept. at my
local Dodge truck dealer didnt show anything listed. The seats are very
secure, but I would just feel better if all 4 studs are 'nutted' down. Home
Depot here I come.....Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6