Re: Bazooka Bass Tubes

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 02:12:07 EST

Very nice "starter" subs. My uncle has one in his 3000gt (10" EL tube ran
off a mtx 2300 or 2160 amp) it pounds.

my friend got a 10" RS tube and pushed it with a little RF power 150.1 and it
slams.

Overall, they're nice subs to start out with. You're not going to make
everyone aronud you notice you when you drive by "bumpin" but it adds a LOT
of those lower octaves.
-Dester

<< What is the general concensus of these, the self-powered amplified ones?
 Once I install my bucket seats, I will have plenty of room between them, and
 I was thinking of putting a bass tube between them and building a center
 console over it. With this bass tube though, will it be like a boomer or
 just add a nice suttle hint of bass to my current setup? What would be the
 best way to position these, with the driver/speaker facing the rear of the
 cab or facing the dash? I am still trying to narrow down if I want to amp
 out my 4 Pioneer speakers with a 4channel amp or do something else. Thanks,
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6