Re: PowerTrax

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 21:29:14 EST

Unitrax is the name of a gearing place in Califonia, me and a few others
have bought stuff there. The lock-right is a locking type differential (Made
by PowerTrax), very good for off roading but noisy for regular street
driving from what I am told. The new PowerTrax No Slip is a modified lock
right type differential that has clutches and is said to be much quieter. I
have about 3000 miles on my No Slip and I think that it makes plenty of
noise. Neither of these works like a sure-grip (posi, LSD, whatever) but is
is another way to get traction to both rear wheels, a LSD is smoother and
quieter for normal driving but does not lock the wheels together when
extreme traction is needed. It only "limits the amount of slip" .

Hope this helps,
Gary

DAKOTA CLUB CAB 4X4 SLT PLUS

Exterior Color: Black Clear Coat w/Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Interior Color: Agate, Interior Seats: Cloth High-Back Buckets
Rear Gear: 3.55
Engine: Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8
Transmission: Multi - Speed Automatic
Optional equipment: Seats - Cloth High - Back Bucket, Console - Floor
SLT Decor Group, Air Conditioning, Light Group, Console - Mini Overhead,
Lamps - Map/Dome Reading, Speed Control, Steering Column - Tilt,
Floor Mats - Front, Heavy Duty Service Group, Trailer Tow Group,
Power Overhead Conv. Group, Wheels 15x8 Aluminum, Tires 31x10.5R15 OWL All
Season
Locks - Power, Keyless Entry, Windows - Power, Driver One-Touch,
Power Mirrors, Sliding Rear Window, 6-Way Power Driver Seat, Fog Lamps,
Radio - AM/FM Cassette/CD/Equalizer (Includes Infinity Speaker System),
Auido Controls - Sreering Wheel Mounted, Steering Wheel - Leather Wrapped
Mopar Accessories: sill guards, bug deflector, folding bed cover, spare tire
lock,
mud flaps.
Mods: PowerTrax No-Slip extreme traction differential, Silibalde Wipers