Re: Bike Racks/Carrying Techniques

From: Johnson Sgt Michael D (JohnsonMD@lejeune.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 09:34:39 EST

Kyle,
        I have a X-Sport Deluxe bike rack. It has two bars that go from bed
rail to bed rail. You can also buy just the front bar. I have a tool box
too, so I need the second bar for the rear wheel. I don't like driving
around with the tail gate down. My Cannondale Super V500 has been from NC
to DFW and back with no problems. Comes with the stuff for two bikes, but I
think it will hold up to 4. I am leary of the hitch type racks, if you get
rear ended, the bikes will be the first to go! Sorry if this is a second
post. I got my rack from Nashbar, they have a web page nashbar.com I
think, about $150.

Mike Johnson
99 Black Spt+ CC 4x4 318
AirAid, Gibson Dual Exhaust
35% Tint on Door Windows, All graphics removed
31x10.5 BFG MT's
Black Chrome Diamond Tread Toolbox
Swansboro, NC