took dak into shop, and decals?

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 18:35:59 EST

Well, My dak is in the shop now. They're going to fix the bubbles and some
scratches and remove the decals, all under warranty. And do a high speed
buff with a foam pad or something, that's supposed to take A LOT of the
swirls out [3000rpm buffer] w/o wrecking your clearcoats and everything.
They're also removing the decals. My mom is mad about that, thinkin' it'll
look all ghetto and stuff, but I don't think it will. Especially on black.
Anyways, the dealer wants to charge me 44 for the back 'Dodge' decal; 14/pc
for the Dakota decals, and 24/pc for the Sport decals. Now, is there a
place to get them cheaper? How much to have them printed exactly as the
stock ones? I don't want to spend $120 on decals. With all my performance
modifications and stuff I'm going to do in the future, is there still a
good market to sell my truck in when I want to at a good value?

william

P.S. It's the 4.7L, and I'm experiencing the engine ticking noise. I told
him there's a TSB on it, and he will check it out and fix it. Also
replacing the upper back support undernieth the rear glass on the inside of
the extended cab cause it's warped. These things shouldn't keep my truck
any longer at the dealer to my knowledge, especially if it's a TSB on the
engine noise, and a 5 minute swap of parts on the back support.