Self-Adhesive Centers for Aftermarket Wheels

From: Michael Hines (michael_hines@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 11:06:47 EST

Hello DML'ers,

Well, I finally dropped the big bucks at the Tire Rack and got a set of Gara
122 17"x8" wheels and 275/60 tires for my Durango. Actually, all told, I
spent around $980 on all-new 17" wheels and tires mounted and balanced and
delivered to my door. I am happy with the appearance (very trick!) and the
way the lower and wider Goodyears enhance the ride and handling...definitely
a win/win move.

The question I have is this: The wheels came with self-adhesive black center
logos that stick to the center caps in the wheels. I want to do away with
these in exchange for a silver, chrome, or brushed aluminum center logo that
has either a Pentastar, a Ram, a Dodge logo, or something else similarly
styled...the black center logos that came with the wheels look like black
holes or missing center caps and detract from the overall apprearance. I
tried the original Ram caps from the 15"x8" factory wheels, but they were
not deep enough to fit...bummer! They would have looked great if they had
fit.

Anybody seen anything like this that they can share with me? Thanks in
advance for any help you can offer me!

Mike Hines
'00 Bt Platinum Durango SLT+
'99 Bright Red Camaro SS M6