Re: Alignment help (attn: Bernd)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 11:18:55 EST

> I've got a pair of 15x8 American Eagle 6 spoke rims(767's maybe, can't
> remember, same as Bernd's I think). In any case, here's the dilemma...
> Had TM 4" lift put on...new rims required(backspace issue)...put BFG AT KO
> 32x11.50s on above mentioned rims and now can't find anyone to do the
> alignment. The heads on most shop's alignment tool can't seat on the rim
> b/c the rim has no lip(sits flush w/ tire). The new BFGs have a rim guard
> on em that makes it impossible to seat the heads where the tire meets the
> rim. So I guess my questions are: Bernd did you experience this? Does
> anyone know of some cheap wagon wheels I can mount just for the alignment
> and use as winter wheels? I've heard that 18 wheeler repair shops could do
> the alignment, but I've had no luck so far. Think this is true?
> Anyway, thx for reading.
> Jay
> [94 v6 4wd slt manual ^lifted^]

The heck with the alignment, tell us about the lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is
good to know 32's fit.....but hoiw about at full suspension compression, any
rubbing? How much did they charge you to put the lift on? How long did it
take?? Seriously though, try going to the larger national chain tire shops.
I checked around for when I do my lift and all of my local NTBs can balance
tires upto 35", something alot of shops cant. They can also do front end
alignments on vehicles with tires upto 35's. I know what you are talking
about concerning the 'rim protectot the new KO tire has in its design, but
it should not be a problem at all.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6