Re: Re: TB Mods Gains

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 15:42:13 EST

> In my case, an extra 1.5mpg and a sh--load of torque. (Magnum Performance
> TB)
> If you're looking to save on money, definately the QuickD TB. Tony knows
> his stuff on these. The F&B isn't a bad piece either, just no V6 flavor.
>
> BTW: Did you know that the Amsoil doesn't flow as well as the K&N? (It's
> not a bad filter though.)
>
> $0.02
>
> - Bernd

Well I decided to go with QuickD just because of the many many many problems
I had with Frank and his not returning my emails and the unprofessional way
I thought they ran their business. Not to mention the countless times they
promised me a TB for my V6 when they first started making them, so I could
'test' it for them. Anyways, they have lost my respect and my business,
while Tony has picked it all up. He is a great guy and very committed to his
business. I decided not to go with K&N Filters just because of the many
problems I have heard over the years people have had with them and smaller
particles past/through the filter, and contaminating the engine. I have
heard many stories where people find the inside portion of the air filter
housing to be full of dirt, because the K&N did not trap the dirt properly.
I have never had any problems like this with my 2Stage Air Filter. Plus, I
like Amsoil products and dont really care to go with K&N, just a personal
preference I guess. Thanks for the input Bernd,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6