Billet wheels and backspacing

From: Alex Ross (ajross50@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 20:24:30 EST

I am having trouble finding 17" wheels for my 97 that have the correct lug
pattern and enough backspacing that will allow me to lower my truck in the
future. I have already tried Weld, Billet Specialties and B. Coddington. I
think I need about 6" of backspacing on a 17x8 wheel so I can install the
Hotchkis package (2" front/3"rear). Anybody care to enlighten/correct me?
How about Budnik or Colorado Custom? I know they are VERY expensive. I am
looking to spend about $2k for tires and wheels.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd