Re: Billet wheels and backspacing

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 20:45:55 EST

Alex Ross wrote:

> I am having trouble finding 17" wheels for my 97 that have the correct lug
> pattern and enough backspacing that will allow me to lower my truck in the
> future. I have already tried Weld, Billet Specialties and B. Coddington. I
> think I need about 6" of backspacing on a 17x8 wheel so I can install the
> Hotchkis package (2" front/3"rear). Anybody care to enlighten/correct me?
> How about Budnik or Colorado Custom? I know they are VERY expensive. I am
> looking to spend about $2k for tires and wheels.
>
> Alex
> 97 CC Sport V8 5spd

Alex,

Just ordered Colorado Custom wheels last week. For 17x8 you'll want
5.75" backspacing. For 17x9.5 that I'm using for the rear it will be
6.25" backspacing. That combo of wheels came in right about $2100(no
tires though).

Budnik is another option. They'll know the backspacing if you call them.
Gary Pinkley has Budniks on his DAK.

Good luck.