Re: DML:Wheel flare prices........

From: Wilbur (bwgreen@ocean.otr.usm.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 21:09:14 EST

Ok, ok, I was wrong about this one.....

Fortunately I bought only the front set....which now brings up another
point.....My apologies to the group if it seemed like I was "taking it
out on you guys", I really wasn't, or at least I didn't think I was at
the
time.....I was a little frustrated about the situation...

After reading some of the replies back about the cost of the
fender flares (including some inane crap about aftermarket flares which
weren't even part of the original discussion since it was about OEM
parts) I called around to a couple of the dealerships on the Gulf coast
and to
the dealer in my brothers home (OKC, Oklahoma).....What I
found was interesting....As a set, the OEM flares were going for
$255.00 as
many people on this list had stated. However, Mopar does allow the
dealer to "break up" the sets (although according to the regional
manager
I talked to, they try to discourage it) and set the price individually
per item.
Also, the dealership on the Gulf coast even offered OEM-like flares for
$200
plus change....

  So yes, the dealership I went to was trying to screw me....they never
even told me that they sold them as a set of four, only as sets of
two--front
and rear and then priced them to me individually at over a hundred bucks

a piece. Well, all I can say there is that they have lost me as a
customer...
I found another dealership 30 minutes away that is five star rated and
had the correct (=better) price. I also filed a complaint with the same

regional manager about this dealership. After explaining the situation
and
faxing a copy of my recipt to him showing what I paid, he promised a
quick
resolution. Short synopsis: I am getting the rear flares for free (I had
already
paid $220.00 plus tax for the front ones). Nice to know that going to
the top helps sometimes.....

I was wrong about this, I admit it, and I apologise for my knee jerk
reply about the flares....However in my defense, I must say I was
prejudiced by past topics on this list where some people like to quote
prices for parts they could only get by being related to/sleeping with
someone in the parts dept. or who don't know the difference between an
aftermarket part and an OEM part.......

And to guy who replied profanely to me at my personal account and
suggested I do something physically and humanly impossible: What you
suggest is interesting in a philosophical sense, but not even remotely
possible in bipedal humanoids.....
You spend way too much time on your computer.....you must be neglecting
your Dak.....pull the plunger out and go take a drive....it'll do you
good....