Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Group Buy?

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 23:27:15 EST

 To cut down the expense and complexity you could even go with a single turbo
system. It would still make outrageous power.( frankly, more power then the
block could handle) I really see no reason to do a dual setup. 5.0 guys run
singles making 500-600-700-900 hp. Just look at the GN crowd! I do like the
idea of using the factory EFI. DFI will set you back at least $1500.
  As far as the S/C goes, there's no comparison. The heat from my Vortech
always caused detonation problems. Race gas at the track was mandatory. Belt
slippage with anything over 10lbs of boost. The belt drive sucks up
20-50hp(documented). Boost comes on far sooner with a properly matched turbo.
Tom