Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Group Buy?

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 00:26:22 EST

I don't know if this will work on our engines but on my FWD sites, they have
ways of bypassing the computer and manually controlling boost. Now this is
all on engines that came with factory turbo's so I don't quite know how it
will adapt.
http://pages.cthome.net/gus/index.html
http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/perform/
http://idt.net/~gdonovan/

In a message dated 3/29/00 12:08:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Dester223@aol.com writes:

> I was thinking about this. A Greddy controller can control up to 10
cylinders

> and you can custom program the whole thing. Screw the chip, Screw teh
> computer.. But then, you'd REALLY need to know what the hell you're doin
> also.
>
> wouldn't want to advance timing 40 degrees and run 20 pounds of boost.
hehe
> -Dester
>

> << Anyway, this will happen eventually, but I'm not sure when. I was
> originally going to switch to aftermarket EFI first, but a part of me
> wants to do the turbo thing first to see how well it will play with the
> factory EFI, so I may do that. If there are enough people who are
> interested in a kit like this, it might just push me further in that
> direction. ;-) I have to build up some cash to finance the R&D first
> though. :-(

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"