Re: 360 ATTN Mike

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 03:04:14 EST

>>Just a question....you said that VA law will only let you put in
engines
available for that model year, correct?? And you have an 88?? The Shelby
Dakota is an 89 model, you may want to check this before you do a swap<<

the law on this is really gray... it isn't very specific at all.
Basically it says that if the engine was available in that model year
then it is legal. Also, it has to have the pollution equipment of the
same year of your vehicle or engine (whichever is newer). This pretty
much rules out a 360 in anything but a 98+ dak. Now, given that the 318
is externally identical to a 360, nobody would be able to tell with a
visual inspection. And the thing with the whole inspection bit... in the
6 years I've got my truck inspected none of the inspectors have looked
under my hood. All they check for is brakes, lights, presence of cat,
muffler, no exhaust leaks, and no windsheild cracks. We don't have
sniffers out here yet, and I don't plan to live here that much longer.
Besides, I know a guy.. he'll put a sticker on a radio flyer if you slip
him a 6er of Killian's =)

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.