Re: Re: NP231 Leak

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 11:24:19 EST

> Damn Kyle, I think our trucks are twins man. Mine's been leaking for
quite
> a while, especially after Mobil 1 went in... I cleaned the exterior with
> brake cleaner and smeared on some RTV, twas a bandaid fix to say the
least,
> worked good for a week or two.... I've been toying with the idea of
droppin the 'case and changin the >gaskets, maybe I'll do that this
summer...

Yeah I also did this RTV trick, but it still managed to start leaking again.
I noticed it the other day when I was checking out the condition of the
tcase skid plate I put on about 3 months ago. Oh well, just as long as I
keep and eye on the fluid level I relaly dont care that much if it leaks or
not, just was curious if anyone knew if it was a gasket or I would use RTV
to seal the cases back together when fixing the leak. Since I figure the
tcase has to come out of the truck to have this leak fixed, I may as well do
some driveine upgrades all at one time, like new 2 new front driveshaft
u-joints, 2 new rear driveshaft u-joints, and fix the tcase leak so
hopefully I wont have to worry about any in that department going bad for a
while. Who know though., thanks for the input Jon,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6