Re: Re: PCV grommet

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 13:24:25 EST

Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> > Is it possible to replace the PCV grommet? mine will NOT stop leaking
> > around the pcv valve and it's not plugged up...
>
> Great Jon thanks alot, now mine is going to start leaking! Anyways, you mean
> the hard rubber grommet that is kind if pressed into the valve cover which
> the PCV valve sits in, to seal it up right? Hmmmm, good one. Dont you have
> aftermarket valve covers, I thought you did, if so do new valve covers come
> with this grommet? I wonder if it can be purchased from the dealer, or is it
> going to only come with a vavle cover? Good Luck, maybe try popping one out
> of a wrecked Dak, V6/V8 I dont thing it would matter.

I was looking thru the air/fuel/oil filter application guide at my local
poopgirls and they had a part number for that grommet. They didn't have one in
stock tho so I'll keep looking. I have the MP aluminum covers and mine leakes
like crazy also. Not only that one but basically every hole that is not plugged
with the tight fitting chrome locking cap. I left out the baffles (or oil
splash guards) and thought that might be the cause - but I've heard they dont
help much. Wasn't there someone on the list that made some larger, custom
baffles that took care of the problem? I'm gonna be putting in roller rockers
soon so I don't want any potential interference there.

The stock ones don't leak - whats up with that? Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"