PowerTrax No Slip & Noise

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 20:50:32 EST

I called Devin at Unitrax today to tell him that the C-clip didn't fit and also
mentioned about some folks having excessive noise with their no-slip. He said
he would call PowerTrax about the C-clips but he really perked up when I
mentioned the noise...

The bottom line is you should call Valentine at PowerTrax directly at
1-800-LOCKERS (562-5377). Apparently Valentine designed the thing and says you
should not have any excessive noise. After maybe 150 miles +/- of mostly city
and some highway miles, I can say mine makes almost no noise at all. Even when
I accelerate into a 90 degree or U-turn, then hit the brakes or coast abruptly
due to traffic and accelerate again, I don't get anything noticeable. The only
time I can really hear a click or clunk is when I'm parallel parking and that's
only if I have the radio completely off. During the first 50 miles +/- of
break-in I could definitely hear the unit operating but now it's pretty much
whisper quiet.

Hope this helps somebody with noisy lockers!
Tom