Re: Air Cleaner? What the heck is it?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 13:40:08 EST

Took a look at the item and it's mainly for cowl-induction or "forward
facing" scoop style hoods. They draw the fresh/cooler air into the intake
which in turn creates more power.

For our trucks, I would recommend that you stick with either the K&N Gen-II
or QuickD Intake Tube. Yeah, they're more expensive, but they'll fit
perfectly without any modifications or hood clearance problems. (The RamAir
filter has a 5" height...max height on our trucks is 3".)

- Bernd