Newbie

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 13:02:45 EST

Hi folks, I am new to this list so please go easy on me. I don't have a
Dakota truck (looking) but my kid's name is Dakota, does that count? I did a
little research on the 4bbl Tb and know that the linkages
for the tranny were mounted backwards and check the setup for the TPS. If
you run this setup with a
single or dual plane M-1 and a supercharger less than 10 psi, your psi will
bleed off severely in the upper rpm. You need a big huffer for that setup.
If your motor never travels over 6000 rpm, then it's really monetary
overkill. Case in point: Pop runs a 340 71 Dart with a 750 Holley,
the shift point is 8500 rpm. He went to an 850 and gained very minimal.
Plenty of guys can get you 700-750 out of the stock TBI. If you are like me,
family has to come first, which keeps me from buying the spendy stuff. One
of the best running cams I ran in a Dakota stopped at 6000 rpm.
It's very easy to travel over 400 horsepower with the modified TB. I guess
it really depends on how fast you wanna go, eh? Anyway, you guys have a
great website and great list and I look forward to talking with you guys
(and gals?)
Kuk

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World