Re: Dual Snorkle Breather on V6?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 15:55:44 EST

> In the local paper:
>
> 340 Dual Snorkle Breather, complete, off Challenger. $50
>
> Could this work on a V6?---possibly with minor modifications? Maybe make
it
> into a ram air setup?
> Thanks
> --Aaron--
> 95 DSRC 4x4 V6

I would say it should fit, depending on how tall and wide the filter housing
is. This is probably similar to what I am running now:
-Removed the 'air restrictor plate' at the grill for the factory cold air
duct
-Added an Amsoil 2Stage Hi-Flow Air Filter
-Tornado Air Management System, dont laugh.....I got suckered into it about
3 years ago, it hasnt done anything help my truck, but I just like to say I
have one :)
-Grafted in a second factory cold air intake duct, using a 4" duct. I bought
a stock air filter housing(round type from a GenII Dak) and cut out the
'neck' and part of the metal round housing which connects the cold air duct
to the filter housing. The part I cut out just is the area around the
housing's duct 'neck'. I then cut a hole the size of the neck and slid the
neck and metal housing over this hole in my filter housing, sealing it up
with clear silicon and 4 stainless steel screws. I then ran the factory air
duct(which I also got with the housing I bought) and connected it to a 4"
duct, which I bought at PepBoys and ran this duct to the grill, right about
the factory air duct. If you look, there is a second rectangular hole in the
grill right above the rectangular hole the factory air duct uses. I mounted
another neck, same as the one on the factory duct, and popped it into the
hole. Dual cold air intake ducts with an awesome factory look.
-I sealed up all connections with clear silicon RTV, so no cold air escapes
I noticed a really good overall increase in gas mileage and acceleration at
any RPM is alot better. I have a QuickD TB on order, so this should really
help all my air intake mods.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6