Re: RE: MSD Ignition Died,;anyone else have this problem?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 23:22:00 EST

> Kyle,
>
> As I recall, your running the Off-road version! I ran one for about
> 8-months before it did the same exact thing yours did! Anyway, I bought
it
> through Summit Racing and all I had to do was box it up and send it back
> them! They honored the warranty without any delays (I'm sure they just
send
> it back to Autotronic Controls). A buddy of mine had his MSD -6AL die and
> he sent it back through Autotronic directly. Took 8-weeks before they
> finally got it tested and then replaced it! Check to see if your retailer
> will honor the warranty!
>
> Kurt Swanson
> 97 CC 4X4, 5.2

Kurt, thanks alot for the info.Too late for me though, as I sent it directly
back to Autotroncis Friday morming USPS Certified Priority Mail, so it
should be to them by Tuesday. The MSD tech I spoke with on the phone told me
once them have it(I will know when they received it too, cause I sent it
Certified) in their hands, they will know with 4-6 days what they will do
with it., The MSD tech also told me with the 6470 Off-Road Units, they
simply send out new ones, because they cannot be repared since with this Off
Road Ignition Box, all the internal components are potted in epoxy, and are
not serviceable. So hopefully they will send me out a new one. Since I
shipped it USPS Priority, it will also be sent back to me Priority. I am
'hopin' to have it by the time I get my QuickD TB in mail. Thanks again,
hopefully there wont be a next time since it is only covered for 1 year, but
I will do my best to complain to MSD if it ever does die again. Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6