Need Help with loss in acceleration and power quick!

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 23:27:45 EST

With about 15 miles away from my house, I had to stop in rush hour traffic.
When I went to accelerate, I had the pedal mashed and the truck was barely
moving. I thought I had a brake pad stuck but the engine was running like
it was normal acceleration. It went away for a few minutes and then I found
I had no passing gear. That's when my engine light comes on.

I'm trying to pull codes from the computer to find out what is wrong but I
can't get to them. I hold down the Odometer/Trip button on the dash when I
turn it on. After 5 seconds, I let go and the dash goes through the
diagnostics with the lights and the needles; but I don't get any trouble
codes coming out.

How do I get them out of a 99 Sport 4x4? Any ideas what is wrong with my
truck? It only has 19.5k on it..

Thanks!

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst