Re: viper rockers

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 23:45:26 EST

Geoffrey Hackbart wrote:

> They were about $5 ea.I paid $60 for 12 so it would be
> about $80 or so for your engine. Nope, didn't
> encounter any problems with it. My brother help me
> install them cns I didn't know what top dead center
> was, and that is where you torque them down. I think
> it is 25-28ft-lbs to torque them down. I would make
> sure of that, though. Anything else, let me know.

Do you have a part number for them? Also - as I was browsing the 1999
MP catalog - I noticed a set of aluminum roller rockers for the viper.
They were mounted on a shaft like the old LA motors were. Since the
newer magnum motors have them stud mounted - what gives? Are the
factory stamped steel ones shaft or stud mounted? Your sig says you
have a late model magnum motor so I can only assume they are stud
mounted (no shaft) - can you confirm this? Also - I didn't see a
listing for the factory stamped steel ones in the catalog???

Thanks,

Shane (no pinging anymore - woohoo!!)

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"