Pasadena Cruise Night April 8

From: James Harmon (jdharmon@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 01:54:42 EST

Hey all. Ed Halterman and I had a rather diconcerting experience
today. We have been going to the Pasadena cruise night for the last
three weeks. Each week, we have been able to get our trucks into the
show and shine for display. All the public seems to appreciate and
enjoy the trucks.

Well this week was a bit different. We tried to be nice and went down
the lane to enter. The "show lot nazi" says only pre-73. There were
late model corvettes (4), a late 80s camaro and an early 80s el camino
already there. We asked about these and he said the corvettes were a
club and the others were special friends. Not wanting to inquire about
how to be his special friend (wink-wink, nudge-nudge), we tried to
request entrance. We told him that we were allowed to show the last
three weeks.

Anyway, around 6 PM (the show starts around 4 PM), we ask some of the
lot lackies if we could go ahead and put the DACUDA in the show. We
could take an end spot and move if necessary. There was still a lot of
room. They said ok. A while later, the show lot nazi shows up and
seems someone threw a mouse in his panties, cause he sure was peeved.
He told us not to try it again. it was his show and this was not
allowed. Whatever. I think he needs some doggy downers. That or $40
and 20 minutes on Colorado blvd.

What we are trying to set up is this. On April 8th at 3 PM, we get as
many Daks, Rams and durangos on site as possible. Set up shop and show
our trucks. I will put up some Dodge banners and the DTOA club banner.
It is a public parking lot area. Legally they cannot move us. Should
be a blast.

What do you think?????

Jim