Re: My Pinging Problem is Solved!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 15:05:53 EDT

So... you just got the voltage from the MAP sensor? Sorry about, but could
you tell me it's location on a 97 dakota v6? I'm thinking it's at the side
of the TB. I never quite figured it out, Maybe it could be something I
should check on mine also...
-Dester

<< Start thinking about how this might relate to pinging. My truck with bad
 MAP sensor is not able to accurately gauge load - duh - that has to be
 it. Final sanity check - swap the known good MAP onto my truck - test
 drive - NO PINGING WHATSOEVER! Not only that but huge difference in
 power especially in the low end. I promise this isn't an April Fools
 joke 8-). Ok now the big test - with a half tank of 87 octane in tank -
 drive to Chevron and fill up with 93 octane. Back home - swap computers
 to the performance one with more advanced timing - test drive - NO
 PINGING!!! Massive power increase also most notably down in the low end
 (where I thought my MPI had taken it away).