Re: Po Boy K&N Installed - Finally!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 15:10:58 EDT

You have any pictures? It sounds like a pretty good install. I never thought
of using the stock "flexitube" to route the airfilter exactly where I want
it.
-Dester

<< Finally installed the Po-Boy fresh air intake with a 6x9 cylindrical
K&N
 filter. This is on my 2000 CC 4x4 with the 4.7. I ended up using a 90
degree
 pipe right from the TB then used the stock flex hose to go to 2 45 degree
pvc
 pipes that allow the filter to just cram right in behind the headlight. Took
 it easy for the first 10 minutes so the computer could get back on track.
It
 wanted to die when I was first pulling out of the garage but after that it
 drove fine and hasn't stumbled since. Seems to have a little bit more low
end
 and the sound at WOT is nice! It now sounds like a V8 should when you have
 your foot in the floor!
      I'm taking the Grey Ghost trail running in the desert today with some
 friends so this little addition should help I hope.