Amp Question, again.....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 20:47:15 EDT

Just curious, but I see alot of amps are rated at both 2 and 4 ohms. What is
the difference and how is one used over the other, like is it how you
install them and wire them up to create different ohm ratings? Also, what do
'car audiophiles' think about MTX car amps? I see in the Best Buy ad they
have an MTX 55x4 channel amp for $299, but I cannot find specs on the one
the list, MTX#RT4240. Also, can most speakers handle 55watts per channel? My
front Pioneer 6.5" 2ways are rated 2-35watts, and my rear Pioneer 5x7 3ways
are rated 2-40. Should I look for a less powerful-per-channel amp? Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6