S.Cali autocross today!

From: Pinkley (gpinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 21:58:37 EDT

Hey, all...just got back from the autocross today and had a blast. I did my
usual 'shock all the sportscars' again....heheh.....I think I won my class,
but one truck ran earlier in the day and he's my primary competition. Steve
Elkstrand (?sp?) came out and ran his STOCK 4.7 CC SLT. The announcers were
bashing anyone with small cars that complained about the course being tight.
"If those large trucks can go through without hitting a cone, well you
should be ashamed of yourselves!" Steve came in with some pretty good times
as well. Now I know there's a few more SoCal Dak owners that could come
out. There's a national three-day event in San Diego April 7th - 9th, I
probably won't be racing as there's no national class for trucks, but I
might stop by on Saturday, as I'm going to somewhat be in that area. In
May, on the 6th & 7th there is a two-day event out in San Bernadino. One
day is a practice day and the other is the championship. Practice days are
good for you novices to try your hand at piloting your truck aggressively in
a safe and controlled environment. Mark your calenders now!

-Gary Pinkley
97 Dak, (V6 even!)