Re: Rattle  Whe starting

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 00:55:33 EDT

Is this your OE exhaust, or do you have an aftermarket version?
BECAUSE, I have been having a similar problem, and I decided the
clamps on my Gibson needed to be tightened down. So I went out
tonight after work, and crawled under my truck. Tightened a few nuts
by a couple screws, then I got to the clamp that holds the headpipe
to the muffler. The ## thing wasn't locked down! Pipes were
slipping around, carbon deposits all the way back the headpipe to the
cat. It flat out refused to tighten down, too. Nut wouldn't move
anymore, pipe still slipping. I'm gonna see if cleaning the
corrosion off the clamp lets it tighten any more, but not tonight
cause its too dark.
Flip

---- Begin Original Message ----

I am having a rattle of my exhaust pipe that only happens when the
engine is
cold started.

Robert N. Askew

---- End Original Message ----