Re: viper rockers

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 17:46:27 EDT

Dester223@aol.com wrote:

> I have a 97 dakota v6 auto with the magnum heads. They are NOT stud mounted.
> they are bolted into the head via a long bolt...

Ok - I should have said pedestal mounted - which they are. You can put either a
stud or a bolt into that pedestal. They come in one of two flavors - shaft
mounted or pedestal mounted. After doing some research (Magnum Engines Book) I
have found that they are indeed compatible since both the V10 and the magnum V8s
(5.2 and 5.9) are pedestal mounted. There is a picture of both and they look
identical. I'm thinking we have found a huge benefit here - thanks to Geoffrey
H. - they have even been tested already (on a V6). Now we just need a guinea pig
with a V8 - any takers? (preferably 5.9L 8-). Think of it this way - get a
larger camshaft (effectively) and all the performance that goes with that - for
$80 and only having to take off your rocker arm covers and a little wrenching...

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"