Re: IAS Sensor Relocation..Attn: Bernd

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 18:02:18 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> I understand that...but when you're cruising down the highway in the heat
> (not at WOT), it helps out quite a bit.

It is my understanding that the IAT sensor only comes into play during the
first few minutes of operation (warm-up mode), wide open throttle (WOT mode),
or during an enrichment mode (delta-TPS enrichment for example) and NOT
during normal part-throttle or cruise. During normal part-throttle and
cruise, fuel delivery is completely controlled by the O2 sensor and the
computer will attempt to maintain a stoich mixture of 14.7 to 1 regardless of
what the IAT is sending. I know because I watch this behavior on my A/F
gauge every day!

Therefore, unless you are stabbing the throttle alot or running at WOT - the
IAT trick is useless.

Just my $0.02 (don't you just hate that phrase? 8-)

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"