Re: IAS Sensor Relocation..Attn: Bernd

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 19:04:58 EDT

>From the temp readings on my OBD-II Scanner, the IAT sensor readings change
constantly. Especially in Closed Loop operation. Under WOT, the computer
does use set parameters so you are correct...to a point...but putting the
IAT in a colder air charge does allow the Dak to perform better in warm
conditions. (Seen that happen on most of the Dak's we've done it to.)

During cruise conditions, the TPS, IAT, MAP, O2, CTS (Coolant Temp Sensor),
and other "variables" come into play as well since there is never a
consistent load on the engine. Yup...one of the readings on the scanner is
"Engine Load"...Not to mention fuel-trim%, O2 sensor voltages (all of them)
and quite a few other readings as well. (About 35 of them)

$0.02 (Now where have I seen that before) ;)

- Bernd