Wot & TPS Attn: Shane

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 20:02:59 EDT

At 07:43 PM 4/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Since drag racing usually involves WOT operation only - the factory rich
(overly
>rich) mixtures are enough for me. Too much in fact - more power is
available if
>LESS fuel were given via the injectors. Ever notice how just less than WOT
>seems to pull harder? Thats because closed loop is probably closer to the
best
>power (12.5 to 1 or so) than is the factory rich WOT mixtures (depending on
>mods). An A/F gauge will show you that.

Shane, do you know of any way to trick the PCM into thinking it is not in
the WOT
although throttle is completely wide open and are there any adverse effects
from this. A few hours ago while searching the web, I came across a site
which sells an adjustable TPS add-on. I understand what it does but have
no idea
if it is in the realm of legitimacy.

Thanks for any insights that you can offer. I've got, at best, surface
knowledge
but not enough to get a good feel for the overall picture.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.