Anyone have a MAP p/n?....and Jet opinions

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 22:04:06 EDT

Stopped by Linden Dodge today to ask the cost of a MAP sensor for my 99 V8
auto, and the guy said about $94. Ouch! Especially for a non-returnable item.
I'm curious as to whether this "bad MAP sensor = pinging" idea might work for
me, so I'm looking for the p/n for my 99 V8 2wd auto MAP sensor. My company
sells to Uncle Sam, so I can get Mopar at cost, has to be cheaper than $94! I
just need a part number. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.
P.S. Put in the Jet Stage 2 module today at lunchtime, took all of 3 minutes.
Definitely feel an improved pull with O/D on, but it now SCREAMS with O/D
locked out & punching it!! Actually seems to have softened the ping a little
( it's nice to think so, but probably just the giddies) and on my way back to
work, with O/D on doing 40 on a city ave., the o/h comp said it was getting
25 "right now" mpg, up from the usual 20 under same conditions. I'm happy.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC V8 with most of the goodies
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE
DARKDODGE</A>