Re: Anyone have a MAP p/n?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 23:48:26 EDT

Quiktruk99@aol.com wrote:

> Stopped by Linden Dodge today to ask the cost of a MAP sensor for my 99 V8
> auto, and the guy said about $94. Ouch! Especially for a non-returnable item.

Thats what I've found as well. Best prices seem to be at PepBoys & AutoZone
$85-$87 for any model year truck (same part??) Sorry - I don't have part # -
call the parts droids - they love playing with their computers. My buddy who
gets MP parts at wholesale flipped out when he found that they would only go as
low as $87. That must be pretty close to everyone's cost.

Rather than using the shotgun method of replacing w/known good parts - just hook
up a voltmeter and watch it operate - if it fluctuates with throttle position -
it probably is good. If you want to get accurate - hook up a vacuum gauge
($15-19 brand new) and compare the readings.

Latr,

Shane

ps - I was reading a diag text on what codes are for MAP malfunction. It said 14
meant MAP sensor reading too high or MAP sensor reading too low. When mine
failed - it just stayed in the middle at 3.0V - not too high or too low - still
bad and no codes whatsoever. What a stupid program they wrote for our
computers. The foreign cars are light years ahead in that respect - especially
compared to Honda's.

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"