Re: Lower Gears and Highway Cruising

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 15:57:54 EDT

> On the street
> alot, choose the 3:91's; on a track, go with the 3:55's. Don't get me wrong,
> I really like the 3:91 with the manual, you can jump coke bottles with it
> ;^)
> Kuk

This is why I installed roller rockers with the manual
and 3.91 gears. Just for 1st gear its a must and you don't
have to worry about the valvetrain at 5500 rpms. I've noticed
Mopar also recommends a 3.0 1st gear with a 11 sec. bracket
engine package w/5.12 rear. So far your right about the 3.90s
on the street, you can crush an opponets ego real fast with 'em
and rarely get out of 3rd gear. Thats about stop light to
stop light. What amazes the h@*& outta me is the fact you
can still trample the ferds and chebbie pickups at top end
before reaching the limiter. I'm having a serious amount of
fun with this 3.90sg setup.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd