Re:Re: Lower Gears and Highway Cruising

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 14:04:28 EDT

> As far as added safety if you happen to "Over-Rev" the engine - hardly.

Redline is 4800 rpms with a stock valvetrain for many
late model magnum engines right... so an "Over-Rev"
would constitute any rpms over 4800. The article states:

"5400 is borderline, 5800 to much and 6000 being the kiss of death."

It stands to reason if 5400 is borderline with a stock
valvetrain that the same rpms can be achieved safely
with a good rocker package and accessories. At least
this theory appears to be true with my own Dak and I
believe this is what Bernd may have been saying as this
would allow for 600 more stable rpms. Any comments from
other DML'ers about this rpm range being achieved safely
many times over? With the full rocker upgrade of course.

GS -