Re: Battery relocation

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 20:56:22 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, GS- wrote:
>
> > Has anyone relocated the battery to the truck
> > bed yet? I've been considering this move for a
> <snip>

> a tool I'll only use once? I noticed that Autozone has a couple
> of different battery boxes, but besides what looks like a slot
> molded into the cover of the box for a strap, I don't see an
> obvious way to attach them to the bed. Do I just bolt 4 mounts
> to the bed (one on each side of the battery box) and hold the
> thing down with 2 cris-crossing straps? I believe I've seen
> some battery relocating brackets in Summit but I think they were
> more than I wanted to spend. :-)

Hey Jon - check out the latest Summit (or was it Jegs) catalog. They have an
awesome stainless steel battery box that not only looks hi-tech but also has
the holes in the bottom for attaching it to the bed. Check it out.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"