RE: dude. help is needed bad!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 01:07:09 EDT

How much $$$ do you have into this so far???

Anyway... try this..

Remove the valve covers, and pull all of your plugs out.

Rotate the engine by the crank pulley until the TDC mark is
the timing mark (after the #1 Cyl exhaust port has closed. Once
that happens, tighten the rocker until you have a resistance
between the nut/stud, then continute 1/2-3/4 turn. Lock the
nut with the allen set screw. Tighten the intake rocker the same
way, then rotate the engine another 90 degrees *You'll see a timing
mark again-- it's marked every 90 degrees*... The next cyl in the
firing order (it's marked on your intake manifold) will have finished
closing the exhaust port. Tighten in the same manner as the #1 cyl for
exhaust/intake rocker. Then rotate engine another 90 degrees, and set
next cyl (again in firing order sequence)... continue for all 6 cyl...

Replace the plugs, wires, and valve covers... Start the truck.

Sam