Re: Soft Tonneau security?

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 01:45:21 EDT

>>My question is- how often have you all had stuff stolen from under
your soft tonneau (or hard tonneau, for that matter)? Do people people
leave it alone because they can't see what's under there, or is theft a
problem?<<

I've had a TekStyle softie for a couple years now, and I have yet to have
anything walk. I kinda' think that theives don't even think about that
part of the truck, and they instantly assume that you aren't gonna keep
anything back there just because i's too easy to steal. I keep a case of
oil, some tranny fluid, and a couple blankets back there all the time. At
one point I kept my Saxophones and all my music, a guitar, and a couple
of PA amps back there for about a week and nothing was stolen....
out of sight, out of mind?? <shrug>

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.