Re: Backspacing

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 11:09:25 EDT

I ran into this problem with the Fabtech kit.

The factory backspacing on the 15x8 rims is 5.5". You can run no more than
3.75" with the Fabtech kit. (I had to purchase a new set of rims on an
emergency basis when we noticed the "disclaimer"...on the last page in the
instruction manual.)

Don't run the spacers...3/4" is the thickest you want to run on your rims.
Anything more puts excess stress on the lug bolts.

- Bernd
(Running the Fabtech 3" kit for one year now)